- Ryan Martin
- Associate Professor
On September 1st, 2018, Harry Crane and I launched a new peer review publication platform, designed by researchers, for researchers. Please go to www.researchers.one and follow us on Twitter @ResearchersOne.
- Department of Statistics
- North Carolina State University
- 5109 SAS Hall
- 2311 Stinson Drive
- Raleigh, North Carolina 27695
- Office:....5238 SAS Hall
- Email:....rgmarti3 AT ncsu.edu (the best way to contact me)
Before joining the Department of Statistics at North Carolina State University in 2016, I was in the Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science at UIC. My PhD is from the Department of Statistics at Purdue University in 2009.
Asymptotics, Bayes and empirical Bayes, foundations of statistical inference, high- and infinite-dimensional problems, mixture models, etc.
Fall 2018 teaching
- ST503 — Fundamentals of Linear Models and Regression
11/07/2018: Researchers.One feature on NC State University's research blog.
11/05/2018: Harry Crane and I talk about our new peer review publication platform, www.researchers.one, on the Department 12 podcast, hosted by Ben Butina.
09/20/2018: Keynote talk at the BELIEF/SMPS 2018 conference in France.
09/01/2018: Our new peer-review and publication platform launched today. Check it out at www.researchers.one and follow us on Twitter, @ResearchersOne
- NCSU Library — JSTOR MathSciNet
- arXiv — statistics probability
Some information for students
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student, by Manuel Blum.
- Advice for Graduate Students in Statistics, by Michael Steele.