- Ryan Martin
- Associate Professor
- Department of Statistics
- North Carolina State University
- 5109 SAS Hall
- 2311 Stinson Drive
- Raleigh, North Carolina 27695
- Office:....5238 SAS Hall
- Email:....rgmarti3 AT ncsu.edu (the best way to contact me)
- BAMSPh.D. Purdue University, Statistics, 2009.
- BAPhDM.S. Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis, Statistics, 2005.
- MSPhDB.A. Franklin College, Mathematics, 2003.
Spring 2018 teaching
- ST512 — Experimental Statistics for Biological Sciences II
Asymptotics, Bayes and empirical Bayes, foundations of statistical inference, high- and infinite-dimensional problems, mixture models, etc.
- Associate Editor for Bayesian Analysis, 2016–present.
Links to some websites I frequent
- Purdue Department of Statistics
- UIC Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- NCSU Library — JSTOR MathSciNet
- arXiv — statistics probability
- ASA — JASA JCGS TAS
- ISBA — Bayesian Analysis
- IMS — AoS AoAS Bernoulli STS EJS
Some information for students
- New Researchers' Survival Guide, by the IMS.
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student, by Manuel Blum.
- Advice for Graduate Students in Statistics, by Michael Steele.