- Ryan Martin
- Associate Professor
- Department of Statistics
- North Carolina State University
- 5109 SAS Hall
- 2311 Stinson Drive
- Raleigh, North Carolina 27695
- Office:....5238 SAS Hall
- Email:....rgmarti3 AT ncsu.edu (the best way to contact me)
- BAMSPh.D. Purdue University, Statistics, 2009.
- BAPhDM.S. Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis, Statistics, 2005.
- MSPhDB.A. Franklin College, Mathematics, 2003.
Fall 2017 teaching
- ST701 — Statistical Theory I
- ST810 — Valid Probabilistic Inference
Asymptotics, Bayes and empirical Bayes, foundations of statistical inference, high- and infinite-dimensional problems, mixture models, etc.
Advertisement for students
I have several ongoing research projects, and I am looking for students to get involved. Slides from the research overview talk I gave at NCSU, on Dec 2nd, 2016, are available here, and abstracts for my two active NSF grants are here and here. Students interested in these projects or something else are welcome to contact me.
- Associate Editor for Bayesian Analysis, 2016–present.
Links to some websites I frequent
- Purdue Department of Statistics
- UIC Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- NCSU Library — JSTOR MathSciNet
- arXiv — statistics probability
- ASA — JASA JCGS TAS
- ISBA — Bayesian Analysis
- IMS — AoS AoAS Bernoulli STS EJS
Some information for students
- New Researchers' Survival Guide, by the IMS.
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student, by Manuel Blum.
- Advice for Graduate Students in Statistics, by Michael Steele.